Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RK Resigns As IronHorse Vocalist
RK
Band Member

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 09:25 AM
RK Resigns As IronHorse Vocalist

After six years, two brilliant CD's, hundreds of shows and thousands of memories, it is with great regret that I must announce that I am giving up the reigns of my band IronHorse.

This difficult decision has been a long time coming; I informed my bandmates on our sixth anniversary as a band, May 31, that I can no longer continue to stand centerstage with this project. Gaetano Nicolosi, Geno Arce, Jay Rusnak, and Dean Lehman are some of the best friends of my entire life, and the love I have for these guys and the music we made, and the support of our awesome fans, are what's kept me hanging on through the hard times IH has endured these past few years.

Six years ago I had a dream of putting this band together and attempting to succeed with this bastard style of music which we came to know and love as 'country metal', 'redneck rock n roll', 'hard rockin' southern country metal', and other such descriptions. It was and is my belief that this style of music and the basic concepts upon which IronHorse was built are as viable and relevant as they were a half dozen years ago and I also believe that the two IronHorse CD's I recorded will stand the test of time and we'll still be enjoying them many years from now.

Everyone has their own opinions about what went wrong. Ask the five guys in the band and you'll get five versions of why we have not been able to achieve the dream that we shared with each other and our wonderful loyal fans who have gone through the ups and downs with us. The only version I can accept is mine, because as a 30 year veteran in this business I think I've learned a little about how this game should be played.

Rather than dwell on the things that didn't go our way, I choose to celebrate the friendships, the music, and the memories that will last a lifetime. In my humble opinion, all of us are much better off than we were when we started, and I'm proud of the choices we've all made even though they might have cost us the opportunity to raise IronHorse up to the level we wanted to reach.

It is my understanding that the band will continue in some form with a new vocalist. I have seen the future IronHorse shows announced at http://www.myspace.com/charliewayne and if this is the direction the guys want to go, I wish them all the best - Charlie is a dear friend of mine for over 20 years, cut out of the same mold. He is already familiar to many IronHorse fans, he's a great singer, musician and songwriter, he knows the IronHorse material inside out and would be the perfect choice for this gig. I will let IronHorse make any official announcements regarding their next frontman, but no matter what happens I encourage the fans to give the new lineup a chance and enjoy whatever comes next for IronHorse.

I intend to continue performing Ron Keel shows, both alone and with a band. I will continue writing songs and singing them to whoever wants to listen, whenever and wherever I can. I am currently in Las Vegas preparing for next week's 4 Ronnie Lee Keel shows, and editing the forthcoming Ron Keel DVD compilation. I am also involved in another production in Las Vegas which I will announce when the time is right.

To all of our friends, fans, and families that have cried with us, cheered for us, and shared this dream: I'm sorry I couldn't make it come true. I gave it all I had.

Thank you all for ONE HELL OF A RIDE. I love you.
KEELFRK

[*] posted on 6-3-2006 at 07:35 PM

WOW!
We are sorry that things did not work out as we all had hoped. We will miss having some of our closest friends performing music together. We have so many memories.

Good Luck to you Ron in all that you do. We will continue to support you in all that you do. We love you our friend.

And Geno, Gaetano, Dean and Jay, we are looking forward to see what direction you take and are always here for you too. We love you all of you guys.

CT and Heidi

[Edited on 6-3-2006 by KEELFRK]

Better dead & cool
Than alive & uncool
wicks

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 12:33 AM

My phone has been "blowing up" and I really do not know how to digest all this and put it into words. But,I will take the route that everything happens for a reason and life is a gamble and a trip. I will continue to support "ALL OF MY BROS/BOYS"!!! I have met soooo many GREAT people over the last 6 years that are now part of my family and best friends EVER and I will not let any of that be taken away until my last day on this big blue marble that we all share!!!-----LOTS OF LOVE AND RESPECT!!!-----Christopher Jon Wicks
AceZappa

Mood: Ambivalent

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 12:47 AM

Wow, I just dunno what to think about this. Very sad news indeed. :( I wish all parties involved the best in their respective futures.
Eric781

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 01:47 AM

RK,
When I read this this morning I was totally shocked. I feel bad that Ironhorse never got to where you wanted it to be. I really enjoyed the music that the band created. I wish you all the best in the future. As a long time Ron Keel fan I cant wait to see what the future holds. As for the rest of the band members, I wish you the best. My only disappointment is that I never got to see Ironhorse live. Take care all...

Eric
mr.troy

Mood: "IN THE LAND OF THE PIGS...THE BUTCHER IS KING!"

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 01:47 AM

I really don't know what to say...

"Sometimes the Best Move....is to just move on..."

Much Love to all my bras!!!

Peace,

T-ROY
Pinktiger27

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 03:36 AM

WOW !What a shock you guys are great together and its going to be hard to get used to , you are all very talented and will do fine on your own I am sure . I wish things could be different but I wish you all well . My daughter is going to be very sad as iam about this, she was a big fan of Iron Horse and most of all Ronnie. Ronnie Plaese tell me you will come back to Ohio and do a gig for us I dont think we can live with out hearing you!!! Best of luck guys . Love Tracey,
depp

Mood: LONGING 4 A U.K. TOUR!!!

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 09:14 AM

i can't belive it !!!

DREAMS ARE REALLY NOT ENOUGH
skynyrdmh

Mood: workin

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 03:05 PM

Joy and I have been with IronHorse from the beginning. Been there from the highs of big gigs, hearing the first song on the radio, first time opening for a national act (and blowing them off the stage)...to the lows from the passing of family members to stage equipment failures (at the perfectly wrong time) to the bus breakin down in the middle of nowhere and that familiar line coming into play....*Lets Walk*!! LOL!! We shared pots of Raman noodles and Joys homemade chili when times were lean and then shared a steak and potatoes when times were fat.

Altho the news appears to be sad everyone shouldnt look at it completely as so. Look at it as a new beginning for both Ronnie and IronHorse. Yes it is a change but IronHorse has been threw a few changes in their 6 year past. And they have survived. Ronnie has been threw more changes in his career than anyone can count on their fingers and toes and he also has survived.

Joy and I both have and will continue to support and back both the new incarnation of IronHorse and Ronnie. They are all great friends and a big part of our family. We hope everyone will join us and continue supporting some of the industries best but maybe not best known musicians.......YET!!

LETS RIDE!!

Mark & Joy

Still looking for a volume knob with a 12 on it!!

metalhead

Mood: Rockin the House! IronHorse Kicks ASS!

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by skynyrdmh
Joy and I have been with IronHorse from the beginning. Been there from the highs of big gigs, hearing the first song on the radio, first time opening for a national act (and blowing them off the stage)...to the lows from the passing of family members to stage equipment failures (at the perfectly wrong time) to the bus breakin down in the middle of nowhere and that familiar line coming into play....*Lets Walk*!! LOL!! We shared pots of Raman noodles and Joys homemade chili when times were lean and then shared a steak and potatoes when times were fat.

Altho the news appears to be sad everyone shouldnt look at it completely as so. Look at it as a new beginning for both Ronnie and IronHorse. Yes it is a change but IronHorse has been threw a few changes in their 6 year past. And they have survived. Ronnie has been threw more changes in his career than anyone can count on their fingers and toes and he also has survived.

Joy and I both have and will continue to support and back both the new incarnation of IronHorse and Ronnie. They are all great friends and a big part of our family. We hope everyone will join us and continue supporting some of the industries best but maybe not best known musicians.......YET!!

LETS RIDE!!

Mark & Joy

Very well put and I hope everyone with take it to heart!

Richard

Tatman

Mood: Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 06:56 PM

I think Brother Troy's post said it the best. From the Charlie Tatman / Bad Influence Family to ALL my Brothers, Ron, Charlie, Geno, Dean, Jay, and Gaetano..... Good Luck and Keep The Music Alive!! If you need me you all know where to find me!! Love ya all!
Charlie T

\"Music\'s gotta live man........ It\'s gotta breathe\"
Eddie Wilson
Eddie and the Cruisers
ldyboxr

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 10:45 PM

Some of my best memories and fun times have been with Ronnie and Ironhorse... and I look to share many more! Best of Luck GENO, JAY, DEAN & GAETANO... you will be just fine! Welcome Charlie to the IH family.

Ronnie, your dreams are being filled one day at a time... continue to live them!!!

Chasity L. Cline
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
SexyLeo75

Mood: Happy As Usual

[*] posted on 6-6-2006 at 12:40 AM

This is definitely quite a shock to me but I know it is for the best. :o I wish everyone the best of luck in everything that they do. I will continue to support the rest of the guys in this endeavor but it will not be the same without Ronnie as the frontman!! :( As Tracey stated Ronnie, I hope that you do manage to come back to OHIO to see us and perform with your new projects!! Good luck and God Bless U!!!
JSilva5

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-6-2006 at 08:31 PM

Good luck in future endevors and projects Ron. And good luck to Geno, Jay, Dean, and Gaetano. Whether you continue with Charlie or any other singer. I will always be an RK and IH fan no matter what happens. I wish I had gotten to see you all play together but, I am sure everything will be great in the future for everyone.
depp

Mood: LONGING 4 A U.K. TOUR!!!

[*] posted on 6-6-2006 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
[ the "BRING IT ON" sessions are absolutely some of my favorite RK vocals of all time. I hope that people will continue to enjoy hearing me sing for a long time to come, but first and foremost I sing for myself, for a deep love of what I do, and if I ever reach the point where I'm not proud of how I sound, I'll walk away.

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS BE PROUD.....to be loud
im gonna miss the old IRONHORSE damn......

DREAMS ARE REALLY NOT ENOUGH
TheChick

Mood: Confused and Disoriented

[*] posted on 6-7-2006 at 06:47 PM

It doesnt need to be said that Jimmy and I whole heartedly support RK and the Ironhorse boys in whatever direction life takes them. You all have become a part of our lives, and our family, and as such we love you all and will continue to be there whenever you need us.

It won't be the same without you Ronnie, you will be missed!! Please bring whatever you have cookin to Ohio so we can all continue the support we have enjoyed giving you over the years. We aren't just fans ... we're family!!

I\'m your people and you\'re MY band!
TVOR

[*] posted on 6-9-2006 at 11:15 AM

I came to know Ironhorse via Jay...My bud. When he first auditioned and accepted the role I could not wait to hear his awesome guitar work with an awesome singer Ron Keel. I am not a country fan by any means, but after hearing the "Bring it on" cd I new it had a unique sound. I play the cd over & over. I agree it will be a classic, people just need to listen to it.
To the band: It was awesome meeting you guys. When you all came up to Chicago - and played live at Penny Road Pub, this was an awesome show for me. Jay is a very gifted guitar player and to see him on stage with Ron was something I had been waiting for. I wish you all the best.

To Jay: I am a true believer on "things happening for a reason" I know IronHorse was a stepping stone for you...and what lies ahead for you could leave you in the spotlight where you belong. Keep me posted for I need my guitar fix every once in awhile.
To Ron: Thanks for giving Jay a chance to prove himself...I am so glad to hear you call him a friend. You are one of ROCKS true treasures and it is good to see your name circulating again. God Bless
To the rest of the band:I STAND UP AND APPLAUD::: For the short ride, it was one HELL of a ride. The group fit together, the music was great, the recording the cd threads were freaking off-the-wall. This ride was meant to be, all five of you had to be at the right place at the right time for the right reason. All good rides must come to an end...I wish you all the very best.

The two band websites that I visit all the time is IronHorse & Y&T - well...other breaking news:::

It has been announced that original drummer for Y&T, Leonard Haze, and Y&T has parted ways. The folks over there are filled with SHOCK and AWE too. I just hope that I didn't cause any major life changing event like move a rock or something to cause this...if this is the case...I'm Sorry.

ROCK ON
The Other DEAN

Go To Top

Free Forum Hosting by Rock 'N' Roll Access